WHAT IS ROTO-MOLDING?
LifeArk components will be manufactured through rotational molding:
Rotational Molding is a thermoplastic process for producing parts by placing powder or liquid resin into a hollow mold and rotating the tool bi-axially in an oven until the resin melts and coats the inside of the mold cavity. A resin powder is either dumped or blown into the cavity to create a foamed core. Next the tool is cooled and the part is removed from the mold.
Four steps in manufacturing a rotational molded part:
1. Fill the mold with a polymer material
2. Heat & rotate tool in oven to melt material across mold surface
3. Cool tool to solidify the part
4. Remove part from the tool
Rotational Molding Advantages:
- Design flexibility allowing complex geometry
- Low-Tech process
- Tooling cost are less then other plastic molding methods
- Parts offer strength, corrosion resistance and durability
- Short lead times on production