WHAT IS ROTO-MOLDING?
LifeArk components will be manufactured through rotational molding:
Rotational Molding is a thermoplastic process for producing parts by placing powder or liquid resin into a hollow mold and rotating the tool bi-axially in an oven until the resin melts and coats the inside of the mold cavity. A resin powder is either dumped or blown into the cavity to create a foamed core. Next the tool is cooled and the part is removed from the mold.
Rotational Molding Advantages:
- Design flexibility allowing complex geometry
- Low-Tech process
- Tooling cost are less then other plastic molding methods
- Parts offer strength, corrosion resistance and durability
- Short lead times on production
- Environmentally-friendly: no chemicals or dangerous toxins are released during production
- Less material wastage compared with manufacturing with other materials like metal or concrete